Draft of announcement to linux-kernel

I'm working on an announcement to sent to the Linux kernel mailing list.
I couldn't find an official announcement in the LKML archives so I
figured I would start writing one up.  We still have a lot of planning
work to do so I am going to try to start a discussion on that.  Please
read this over and send back some criticism.

Thanks,

Nate Straz
Linux Test Project (http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ltp/)

Subject: [ANNC] Linux Test Project

SGI would like to announce the Linux Test Project.  The goal of this
project is to create a formal automated test suite for the Linux
kernel.

We have released a set of 96 tests on the project's website
(http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ltp/). These tests exercise file systems
and system calls and can be used for stress testing or sanity tests.

We would like to discuss the following topics with the community.

 - The testing philosophy that is most important to the kernel
   developers. What approach best fits the development process?
   Regression?  Functional?  Stress?  Performance?

 - What is needed immediately?  Building a test suite for the kernel is
   going to take time.  What tests or tools are most important?

 - We need to plan a development road map that works with the Linux
   kernel development road map.

We are hoping to hold an unscheduled BOF at LinuxWorld on Wednesday.
Aaron Laffin and Richard Logan will be there to discuss these issues.
If you are interested in testing and are attending LinuxWorld, please
keep an eye open for our BOF.

Linux Test Project  http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ltp/