Memtest suite v0.0.3

Jeff Garzik from Mandrakesoft kindly pointed out on LKML that Juan
Quantila has some tests for Linux MM.  I haven't had any luck connecting
to that site yet.  If anyone manages to snag a copy, let me know.  I'd
like to take a look.

http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0004.3/0812.html

While poking around I somehow found this tool:
http://www.qcc.sk.ca/~charlesc/software/memtester/

Jeff also pointed out VA's Cerberus.
https://sourceforge.net/project/?group_id=5317  I've looked at Cerberus
in the past and concluded (right or wrong?) that its targeted at
hardware.  We're interested in the kernel (aren't we?).  Maybe someone
can sway me on that opinion.  I guess thats possible if someone can
convince me that its just as good at testing kernel services as the
hardware.

VA might want to consider our fs tests in their Cerberus.  It can put
those hard drives to work for hours (burn in).

Thanks Jeff,
--aaron

--
Aaron Laffin
Silicon Graphics, Inc. OS Test Development