[LTP] pan - a simple test driver

I've committed pan to the CVS tree.  You can find the files in pan/ and
there is a runpan.sh script in the root has an example of how to run it.

What is pan?
  Pan is a simple program that can run test cases randomly and in
  parallel while keeping track of children and cleaning up orphan
  processes.

  The basic unit of work that pan uses is a "tag."  A tag identifies a
  command line that runs a test.  Tags are usually listed in files,
  similar to the runtest/quickhit and runtest/fs files.  Pan can also be
  nested by putting pan command lines in these files.  This allows for
  test grouping.

More info
  I've included the man page for pan(1).  Look there for the command
  line options and some examples.

To Do
  Add buffered output
  Add output formatting

Try it out and let me know what you think.  We're releasing this because
we really want to release more tests, but we really need a tool to run
the tests in a meaningful way.  I looked at this a few months ago and
thought it was time to push out.

--
Nate Straz                                              nstraz@sgi.com
sgi, inc                                           http://www.sgi.com/