Re: [LTP] growfiles

On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 07:52:30PM -0500, Mostek, Jim wrote:
> Is anyone using growfiles on Linux?

Yes, we're using it.  Of course, we released it.

> I'm getting reports of corruption with
> data converted to zeros.

Which kernel version are you running?  Did you apply any patches to the
stock kernel?

> I have modified growfiles to exit when it discovers the corruption, but this
> really doesn't help since
> the other 9 threads/tasks keep going and trash the file. I also modified the
> data checker to print
> out all of the bad data. Is anyone interested in these changes?

Yes!  We are definately interested in these changes.  Please send the
patch to the list.

> I'm running ltp-20000804.

FYI, we have released a few new tarballs since August.  The last release
includes a simple test driver and some better docs.

--
Nate Straz                                              nstraz@sgi.com
sgi, inc                                           http://www.sgi.com/