[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [LTP] growfiles
- To: "Mostek, Jim" <JMostek@tricord.com>
- Subject: Re: [LTP] growfiles
- From: Nathan Straz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 08:51:24 -0500
- Cc: "'email@example.com'" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Fenner, Dave" <DFenner@tricord.com>
- In-Reply-To: <4353C0079788D4118D8D00A0C924347F0579F8@exch.tricord>; from JMostek@tricord.com on Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 07:52:30PM -0500
- Mail-Followup-To: "Mostek, Jim" <JMostek@tricord.com>,"'email@example.com'" <firstname.lastname@example.org>,"Fenner, Dave" <DFenner@tricord.com>
- References: <4353C0079788D4118D8D00A0C924347F0579F8@exch.tricord>
- Sender: email@example.com
- User-Agent: Mutt/1.2.5i
On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 07:52:30PM -0500, Mostek, Jim wrote:
> Is anyone using growfiles on Linux?
Yes, we're using it. Of course, we released it.
> I'm getting reports of corruption with
> data converted to zeros.
Which kernel version are you running? Did you apply any patches to the
> I have modified growfiles to exit when it discovers the corruption, but this
> really doesn't help since
> the other 9 threads/tasks keep going and trash the file. I also modified the
> data checker to print
> out all of the bad data. Is anyone interested in these changes?
Yes! We are definately interested in these changes. Please send the
patch to the list.
> I'm running ltp-20000804.
FYI, we have released a few new tarballs since August. The last release
includes a simple test driver and some better docs.
Nate Straz firstname.lastname@example.org
sgi, inc http://www.sgi.com/
Linux Test Project http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ltp/