From: owner-ltp@oss.sgi.com [mailto:owner-ltp@oss.sgi.com]On Behalf Of
Nathan Straz
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2001 12:24 PM
To: ltp@oss.sgi.com
Subject: [nstraz@sgi.com: Re: [LTP] 2 commands (mkfifo & growfiles) in
fs fail]

Oops, I just realized I didn't send this to the list.

----- Forwarded message from Nathan Straz <nstraz@sgi.com> -----

Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 16:09:47 -0600
From: Nathan Straz <nstraz@sgi.com>
To: cheryl benek <cbenek@timesys.com>
Subject: Re: [LTP] 2 commands (mkfifo & growfiles) in fs fail

On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 04:05:54PM -0500, cheryl benek wrote:
> When running ltp for the first time, I noticed that it failed on the
command
> line from the fs command examples: "mkfifo gffifo17; growfiles -b -e
1 -u -i
> 0 -L 30 gffifo17" complaining "mkfifo: invalid option -- b".  It doesn't
> appear that pan handles multiple commands like that.  Am I correct?

Yes, you're right.  Pan reads in the line, splits it up into works and
runs the command with execvp().  What we should have done was throw the
two commands in a shell script like so:

#!/bin/sh
mkfifo gffifo17
growfiles -b -e 1 -u -i 0 -L 30 gffifo17

and add that to the pan file.

Using system() might allow such lines to work, but I didn't think of it
when I was cleaning up the code.  It would be nice to add lines like
that to pan file so you don't have to have a bunch of little wrapper
scripts laying around.  If I get some free time I may look into it.  If
you beat me to it, please post a patch.  :)

Now I think I'll find a paper bag to put over my head.
--
Nate Straz                                              nstraz@sgi.com
sgi, inc                                           http://www.sgi.com/

----- End forwarded message -----