Re: [LTP] What is "super"

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 11:28:57AM -0600, Robert Williamson wrote:
> I was checking the results from a run with the latest files and noticed
> that certain tests were not being executed because execvp could not find
> the "super" command/file....what is this?

"super" is a tool that we decided to use to get to root.  Most test
programs should be run as a normal user, although they don't enforce it.
super allows the sysadmin to specify programs a user can run as a
different user, usually root.  The great thing about super is that it
doesn't require you to type in a password like sudo does.  Unfortunately
super isn't a standard package, but it is available for most
distributions.

--
Nate Straz                                              nstraz@sgi.com
sgi, inc                                           http://www.sgi.com/