Re: [LTP] What is "super"

On Sat, Mar 10, 2001 at 01:51:25PM +0100, Urban Widmark wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, Nathan Straz wrote:
> > Wow, I must have missed this while I was checking it out.  Do you think
> > you could whip up a sample config file that I could throw in the LTP
> > tarball?
>
> Here you go. Note that I have never used sudo myself before so this may
> not be optimal, but it does seem to work.

This is great!  I think I'll split out the super stuff in a similar
manner.

I am having a little trouble though.  I updated the sudoers file for my
system and tried running the sudo.sh script you provided.  sudo asked me
for a password.  I thought it was odd, so I did a little testing.

LTP works by adding the test programs to the path and executing them by
name.  sudo doesn't seem to like that.

sudo setgroups01            # this brings up the password prompt
cd $LTPROOT/tests
sudo ./setgroups01          # this works
sudo `which setgroups01`    # and so does this

I'm running Sudo version 1.6.3p6 from Debian/unstable.

Is this a problem with my version of sudo or just me?
--
Nate Straz                                              nstraz@sgi.com
sgi, inc                                           http://www.sgi.com/