Re: [LTP] Testing Framework - An open source project in the works

I also like the distributed part of a distributed framework.  This
allows for automated benchmark and stress testing of network applications.

Caldera is very close to open sourcing such a framework.  I have started
the coding, but I am still in the process of finishing the complete
design.  It will be able to do everything described, but will also have
a modular design.  This will allow for a api to be writen, but also a
pan module for quick move over for LTP test cases.  It will be written
in Java, for portability, and the api that will make writing it easier.
  Java makes it so that I won't have to make adjustments for different
distributions and it will hopefully run on other platforms.  I am hoping
that this will be helpfull, and usefull.

Jason Corbett

--
Jason Corbett
jcorbett@calderasystems.com